Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Academy is Down

At least on my computer. This happens all the time. Some website, for some unknown reason, just goes down suddenly. Thankfully I have vocabulary.com to work with. Vocabulary.com has been taking up a lot of my time lately.

I have reached a good point at Khan. I now need to work through each exercise a little more slowly. I might need some videos in the future, but hints will probably suffice. I was seriously slowed down now by two exercises so far: dividing decimals and rate problems. The first is just a bit tedious, many steps of multiplication, your standard lengthy long division problem. The second was a problem with many steps, and some silly rounding in specific places which caused problems for me. The thing is you can complete the rate problems in many different ways, but when you round during those alternate completions, you get a different answer. The selection is not multiple choice, so I ran into many walls. I have will be very careful with them when they come up in the challenge.

I was thinking of logs this morning. I finished the log problems with relative ease, but I needed some hints at first. Those log rules, I never memorized them well. I should do 100 long problems and get my 2nd 100 problem moon badge.

There will be my auxilliary challenges like this in the future. I think I have to adjust my 3 week projection to something like 2-3 months. I rarely stop playing on Khan because I am bored. I can only think of 2 times over the last 3 and a 1/2 weeks that that happened. Usually I am interrupted. This weekend, hopefully, will provide some successes.

The laptop is also faltering. It needs to stay constantly plugged in now. What a pain in the ass. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment