Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Reorientating

Let me make one thing clear: I don't know how to blog. But I have some ideas that I think are important to share about education, so I wanted to try formulating them and sharing them with others. I chose this blog to do so. There are many people that are writing about the Khan Academy on the internet, but none of them seem to be writing about what is going on there. They are merely reflecting on the fact that it exists. I want more people to get into the heart of it, try it out. I really like what Khan (the man) said at his TED Talk. Try it out with your children. It will change the conversation at the dinner table.

I appreciate the Khan academy model for many reasons, especially becuase it seems like a great self-improvement tool. Now I have found a second tool on the website Vocabulary.com. I want to redirect this blog towards locating more of these tools, encouraging others to use them and seeing how that can change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment